Thursday, February 9, 2012

The myth of being both happy and gay.

I am straight. A female attracted to males. Though I wouldn't mind being pansexual (if that's the one where you are attracted to someone based on their personality.) And if anything, I would be bi, not gay. But, sometimes it feels like the majority of straight people are against gay anything. And I don't get it.

I am against people hating on other people. Something right there I'm against. I'm against suicide. And I'm against low self esteem (which is ironic, as I don't always have the best self esteem.) And I don't see how any one who is against any of these things could be against gay people. They're people. And even if you think being gay is wrong, or a sin, or whatever, it's still not right. It's not right to bully them, not right to make them feel unloved. Not right to make them feel like they're not worth something to someone. Ever. If nothing else, they will have this person right here to support and love them, but that might not stop them from self harming, or wanting to die.

I know recently, it's not quite as bad to be gay. With New York legalizing gay marriage, Glee (and Klaine! So cute!), and Ellen and the guy who plays Barney on How I Met Your Mother (can't remember his name. I normally do know it.) It seems like pop culture is supporting being gay. Which I am all for. The it gets better, and the straight against hate messages are going out. It's all very exciting. But sometimes I see people being all mean and saying being gay is horrible, and these people should go kill themselves.

For anyone who says that someone should go kill themselves, or that someone is worthless. You are a fucking douchleberry, and need to shut the hell up.

I am not for or against gays, but I am for people. And gay is just another type of person. There's more I would like to say, but class is going to be starting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment