Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gaaahhhh the emotions! And such seriousness

So, I how all of y'all are doing well. Yes? If so, good! I'm happy. If not.... Well. Boo.

This past week has been super stressful. I've been tired and bitchy (mostly in my head, every now and then it came out), and people kept asking me if I was okay. Which I mostly just felt tired, and I would be like, "....Yeah?" Good week. Then last night I was at home and had a conversation with my parents about homosexuality, weather it's right or not. Now, you guys know my stance. I don't care if you are straight, gay, bi, or a dinosaur. I support people in general. If you're a person, I support you. That's just how it is. If I don't like you, it's either cause I actually know you, and I just don't feel comfortable about, you are my Sound for Film prof, or you've done something horrible, like genocide, and you are unrepentant. If you do something on that scale of ...bad-ness. And you don't even care about the pain you've caused? Go screw yourself. Just... go.

Anyways, I normally like talking to my mom about serious stuff. We both listen and talk, and even if we have different view points, I've never felt bad for having a different opinion. Maybe a bit guilty for not feeling the way she does sometimes, but never that I'm a horrible person. My dad on the other hand, is so.... un-wavering in his opinion, in his stance on matters, that he makes me feel like he thinks I'm an idiot. Now, when it's something I want that he makes me feel bad about, it's not that bad. It's just me. For instance, when ever I bring up wanting more piercings, he asks me why I would want more holes in my head. When I mention Starbucks, he asks why anyone in their right mind would want to drink coffee. And let's not mention his opinions on dogs and puppies. He is practically almost racist against dogs. (Can you be racists against dogs?) But to make me feel stupid and idiot like for supporting people? Yes, they are gay. Yes, they are living that life style. And I don't know, maybe "being gay" is a sin. Maybe. I don't know, and I'm not going to sit here and raise my hand and be all "Lord Jesus, cure them gays." That is not loving. I mean, these gay people go through their lives, often being bullied, struggling to accept themselves. And if it is possible for these people to "change" or "get better", then all people like my dad are doing is making it harder to get changed. Just by being the quietly disproving, unwelcoming people.

I don't care about your sexual preference. I don't. I'm a fan of yours no matter what. And maybe it is wrong, I don't know. But I know, people who are strongly opinionated on both sides yell at the other sides alot. And are mean. And spew out hateful words. And I just want everyone to be happy. It makes me sad. It makes my heart hurt a little. I can't stand for something that just wants to tear something else down, no matter what I believe.

These blogs all feel really serious. Maybe this will just be a blog where I get all my serious thoughts out. I don't know. I was going to find pictures, but I really gotta pee, so I'm just going to rap this up now.

Kay. Bye. I hope this makes someone smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment