Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Theories on hair color affecting personality :or: I miss my red hair.

I  have had every color hair, at some point or other. Now, some of them were just streaks, it wasn't all over color, and I haven't had every shade, sadly. However, I have had brown hair, black hair, ginger hair, blond, bright red hair, purple hair, bits of pink, blue, green, yellow, orange. And RED. Lots of red.

Pretty much my whole freshman year, and all of last semester, I had red hair. I loved it. And while freshman me had almost natural ginger type thing going, sophomore me had RED hair. Like, fuckin Little Mermaid red. It was wonderful. I mean, yes, it faded quickly, and I dyed my hair once a month, but I loved it. And I mean, LITTLE MERMAID. ARIEL. I was practically Ariel. Who is my favorite Disney princess, and prolly the one I relate to the most. But that's another topic.

 But now, I have gone back to my original brunette. Or at least my roots are finally starting to get long enough to tell what my original brown looks like, and it's pretty close. And the thing is, I think having brown hair made me more timid. 

Here's the thing. When I had red hair, I already had part of my personality out there for people to judge. Like, here I am. What do ya think? It was easier to be outgoing, somehow. Easier to talk with people, or something.



With brown hair, I feel like I kind of just fade into the background. It's easier to not open up, to just be there. I don't know, but I just do not feel as comfortable somehow. Or too comfortable. 

It did really help when I got my nose pierced it somehow put back that element of, here I am! It's not quite the same, but it's a step in the right direction.

This summer, I am trying to get my hair as healthy as I can. I'm not going to dye it, I'm going to treat it right. Get those vitamins in to promote healthy hair, do some masks, really take care of it. And then next semester, like in August, I'm going back to red hair. And then it should look better, feel better, and just have an overall healthier vibe to it, so when I put the chemicals and stuff in, it won't be as damaging. 


When I looked up red hair, I started getting kind of jealous. A) all these people's hair looks fantastic. It's all so gorgeous, and B) lots of them have tattoos. SO JELLY. But here are my inspirations for next fall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment