Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Guess who's done for the semester??

I mean, I do still have to show up and eat donuts tomorrow. But I had my only test today, and I feel good about it, and I am DONE, baby. Though who thought having a final at eight in the morning was a good idea? Honestly, who.

But, yeah. So, I guess I'm a junior now? That's cool. I'm extremely pleased with how my projects this semester turned out, and how I did in my classes, over all.

If you would like to see some of my final projects, I can help you with that. I mean, I've also shared some of the pre work, and frames and whatnot before, but here's the FINAL

From my 3D character design class:



This cow is on FIRE from Abi Freeland on Vimeo.

Aww yeah. Do you see that fur? And those nicely textured horns? I modeled, textured, lit, and animated this baby all by myself. I mean, there wasn't a ton of animating, it was mostly just the smoke, and setting perimeters for that. And I figured out how to use a file/PNG to color the fur, and ugh, I enjoyed this project so much. This is one of the 2 things I feel most proud about in my two years at Huntington.

Though one of the smoke did get boxy at the end, and I'm pretty sure I know why it happened. But I'm pretty disappointed I didn't notice it before rendering it out. Maybe during the summer I'll fix it and re-render it out.


My Stopmotion final:


Stopmotion Final from Abi Freeland on Vimeo.

http://instagram.com/abifreeland/
So, this puppet, (who I named Mel.) is my other great pride and joy of my college career. I even got an outstanding! And forty dollars, which will be going to my Darren Criss ticket. I feel like I should clarify, the department gives out an outstanding and runner up award to the best in each class during our Animation Showcase. And for stopmotion, I was the one who got outstanding! Aahhh! Honestly, I just was happy my work was shown, and people seemed to like my pieces that made it in. Getting awarded was just icing on the cake. You know what I mean?

The showcase was awesome, everyone's stuff was so legit and wonderful! I was going to try to post links, but I couldn't find any. Bbooooooooo. They were SO GOOD.

One of my other pieces that was in the showcase that I was also super proud of was this one:


Peep project from Abi Freeland on Vimeo.

I really enjoyed hearing the audience's reaction, that was wonderful. I pretty much sat there, shaking my fist in happiness, and going YYIIIISSSSSSSS. I wish the words had been held a bit longer, but c'est la vie. The point was still mostly made, and the audience's reaction was beautiful.


My final for Toonboom isn't up yet, since I only have basic vimeo, I only get one HD video a week, so next Tuesday, it'll prolly be posted. And then I'll share it, or something. I actually ended up liking my final, I wasn't too happy with it, and felt I still didn't know the program very well. But somehow, I just finished, watched it, and was okay with it. Maybe even a teensy bit proud. Adding sound helped too.

When I put that up on Vimeo, I'll share it


Has anyone else missed pick up lines? Cause i sure have. Let's have a hey girl edition! It'll be fun.



I feel better now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment