Saturday, August 4, 2012

THIS :or: I'll stick with hamburgers for now

How many of you are tired of the Chik-fil-a thing? Me too. Though, I also want to say, I'm so tired of the way it's been handled. Up till now I hadn't really even wanted to talk about it. So many of my friends on Facebook posted about the appreciation day it and were all whoo Christian values! If more of them cussed, they prolly would have been all fuck yeah! And I'm so ready for it all to end.

Honestly, I didn't even really know exactly how I felt about it. I hadn't done alot of research, and all my "sources" were pro Chik-fil-a, so I couldn't even be sure I was getting both sides of the story. But then I read THIS. I think I know which side I'm on now. And it's not Chik-fil-a's side.

Now, if anyone who actually knows me is reading this, you may be going, "What? I thought you were a Christian!" Yah, well, I thought so too. But the whole goal of christians is to be like Christ. NOT to spend money on expensive though delicious chicken to prove a point. What point were you trying to prove anyways? Look at me, I'm standing in line to eat something because I believe that being gay is wrong! Look at me take a picture with my iPhone! Look at me as I drive homosexual people farther away from feeling welcome around Christians!

Now, Chik-fil-a, I'm not upset about you thinking marriage is about one man and one woman. Lots straight people think that too (though some don't yell it from the rooftops.) I'm not mad about you saying you support free speech, though honestly. This is America. And Americans fucking love free speech. And a day to appreciate delicious food? Who doesn't love delicious food? But this whole damn mess is so political, so line dividing, so isolating. I do not want to have to pick between being anti Chik-fil-a or anti gay. I mean, it shouldn't even make sense! What sense does it make to have to be either against gay people, who are PEOPLE WITH FEELINGS, or against a corporation, that mostly just wants your money and business.

Honestly. And to those who have gone to Chik-fil-a, and proudly declared it, I'm a bit disappointed in you. First off, you are excluding a group of people who you claim are sinners. That will certainly make those "sinners" want to come hear about Jesus! Next, I just want to share some scripture, you know, from the Bible: "When you do something for someone else, don't call attention to yourself. You've seen them in action, I'm sure—'playactors' I call them— treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds. They get applause, true, but that's all they get. When you help someone out, don't think about how it looks. Just do it—quietly and unobtrusively. That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out. So. That's Matthew 6:2-4, message version, in case you were wondering. And I feel like it is super applicable.


I prolly won't eat Chik-fil-a anytime soon. We're called to LOVE. Not eat chicken. Not point out what we see as other people's sins. And if we do end up doing these things, we aren't supposed to have giant signs saying "Look at me!! Look what I support!" Though if I do eat at Chik-fil-a, I want y'all to know it's to eat chicken. Not to make a point, or say that I'm for or against anything. It's to eat food. Just to fucking eat food.


I feel disappointed. It's not the first time, won't be the last. I just want everyone to be happy and like each other and get along. But maybe that's just not possible. And I'm pretty sure it's not the homosexual community who's standing in the way.

Here's a beautiful quote by the beautiful Darren Criss:

 
                                  Bravo, Darren! Bravo! Why are you so wonderful?




And finally, I found a pick up line that I thought was ironic. Cause irony can be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment