Friday, December 16, 2011

The Nerd Factor. (also from the old blog)

Well, first off. I found I picture of a little beaver in a cape flying around. Yup.


Whenever I talk about nerdy stuff, I feel like I'm simultaneously giving my nerd credentials and name dropping.

There's something wonderful about people who make references to nerdy type things. Literature. Comics. Manga. Movies. Old music. Especially in casual conversation. It's so wonderful. It's like an inside joke you can have with a complete stranger. You don't know each other, you don't know a thing about them. But you feel they are all right because you over heard them talking about something like Doctor Who. Or maybe they were talking about something about their favorite Jedi and you knew who it was, even though he's a rather obscure character. (My favorite's Quinlan! You've never heard of him? I'm not surprised.... #hipster) Or it's a friend of a friend, and you're just chilling together while the mutual friend is off being social. And you start a conversation about Harry Potter.

It makes me so happy to be able to nerd out with someone else who's a huge fan of the same things. So. Very. Happy. Pretty much, if any one could reference all of the things I nerd about the most in casual conversation.... Well, let's put it this way. If they asked me to marry them, I'd say yes and be completely serious. Da da da da, you found a winner!

I kind of want to mention all the nerdy goodness I can, just to see if someone else is just as nerdy as me in all the ways as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment