Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Break coming up!! Woo hoo!

So, I'm ready for a break. Even though I just had one 2 weeks ago. I'm ready for sleeping before the sleepless nights before finals. I'm ready to read, maybe draw a bit.

I.... keep hearing about relationships. Everywhere. Just everywhere. And.... relationships in relation to me. And it's just from everywhere! Like my spam mail. The chapels at my college. The surveys we took in sociology... How does it just keep popping up?

I feel fine being single. I mean, I don't feel the need to go out and git muh-self a man. They seem like such a hassle. Honestly.

Though I do have a little checklist in my head of what a boyfriend would be good for. But I don't need one. Nope. I, as my friend Danielle says, am a strong independent black woman who don't need no man. And I love her for it. I feel perfectly fine being single. I don't feel lonely (except when PMSing, but I'm just emotional in general then.) I don't feel like I need someone to complete me.

So why does it keep coming up? I feel like I'm being peer-pressured. Only I sincerely doubt my proffesors and the higher ups who run the school and decide chapels got together with my spam mail to make me feel like I need to get in a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment