Thursday, March 26, 2015

Jellyfish

I never really got poetry until I heard a spoken word piece, and it just hit me.

Andrea Gibson's poems do this to me every damn time, and then I just sit there like, she put it into words. Beautifully, even. Amazingly.

I'm pretty visual, so I listen to Jellyfish and I can envision images that go along with the words. Often I try to express it with an illustration, but it doesn't quite fit right and I give up. This I saw and tried and feel like it came out alright, it's one of my many favorite parts. Actually, the whole thing is my favorite.



http://abifreeland.tumblr.com/post/114707312556/swingsetmyribcage



Some of my other favorites are Asking too Much, Panic Button Collector, and Bullets and Wind chimes.

TL;DR get some Andrea Gibson into your life

No comments:

Post a Comment